Homemade Cat Treats | Vet Approved
Are you looking for a healthy cat treat recipe? Of course, you are! But cats are notoriously finicky, so all your good intentions are likely to leave you with your cat walking away, which is frustrating. Back to the store you go and choose something that is not at all healthy. But they love it! I get it! It's time to stop this madness! These treats are expensive, and they are not at all healthy!
Let me show how to make healthy cat treats from a few simple ingredients and still maintain a moist treat with beneficial Omega-3s and fiber.
Chia seeds and sardines have abundant Omega-3s. Chia seeds are tiny powerhouses that contain beneficial fiber for digestive health, antioxidants, and help with a feeling of fullness. Sardines are rich in Vitamin D and B12.
- 2 TBSP Chia seeds
- 1 cup water or bone broth
- 1 tin sardines (3.75 ounces)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup baby oatmeal cereal (Earth's Best)
- Soak 2 TBSP Chia seeds in 2/3 cup water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chia water with sardines, oatmeal, and egg in a food processor or blender.
- Put into a ketchup dispenser and fill a silicone mold with bite-sized treats.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Put in the freezer after cooled to make them easier to pop out of the mold.
- For freshness, store 4 days' worth of treats in the refrigerator, and freeze the rest for use later.
If you use this silicone mold from Amazon it will work for the entire batch! The recipe will yield 468 treats at 1 calorie/treat.
Watch our latest youtube video for your guide!